The Jimi Newton Project has made a big splash in the Funk/EDM scene. American musician Jimy Newton has recruited Marri Nallos and other artists for his third LP, entitled ‘3.0:Uptown Funk‘. You will get a whole selection of housey funk styles here, and I’m sure you will love them all!
There are 13 songs on this album, guaranteed to satisfy most palettes, but my favourite one is “Time To Turn It Around“, released this week and available on iTunes, Amazon, and Spotify. Watch the videoclip below.
Read my track-by-track review – ‘3.0:Uptown Funk’ by The Jimi Newton Project.
1) Make a Better Place Is a prime example of a funky production, making a great radio-friendly song. Marri Nallos has a beautiful and pleasant voice.
2) Make a Better Place (Remix) The same song with an accelerated pace. This remix is more happy and fun than the original version in my opinion!
3) Time to Turn It Around One of my favorite songs, This can be compared to a vintage tasty nugget. The Jimi Newton Project provides a serious party fuel in the shape of funky dancefloor gem.
4) Hope You will notice dancefloor-friendly funk breaks and fantastic soulful vocals. The shimmering 70s glamour is appreciated by the guitar’s sounds.
5) Hope (Remix 1) Here Jimi Newton tries to make EDM/Electro music. The result is consistent, extensive and exciting, perfectly for rave parties, let’s get wild…
6) Hope (Remix 2) This version features Progressive House beats, instead of the storming big room sound of remix #1. It would be nice to listen to this track at the club.
7) 2015 Instrumental and futuristic Techno/Funky track. A curious fusion between two different genres.
8) Standing Here Tonight This sounds like a another BIG hit, the song itself works. It’s a beautiful synthpop song influenced clearly by 80s music. You will notice a stellar performance of the singer and great lyrics.
9) Uptown Funk (Remix) It is clear and simple. It also has a bit of a reggae feel to it. I enjoyed this remix a lot!
10) Uptown Funk The intense vocals beat out the rhythm with their choruses. Music made directly from the heart.
11) Worlds (Remix) Here we have more dancefloor fuel for you! An excellent remix with Electro/EDM beats. In other words, twerking is good for your health, and this remix is the best companion.
12) Reflection Infectious hooks and claps, and an overall sense of fun. It will help you reflect on your emotions.
13) Reggae Gig Finally, here we have the fizzing Electro Reggae track, which can be described as something unique and different. from the Jimi Newton Project.
In conclusion, if I have to describe the whole LP in one word I would say it is a “pleasant” material to chillout and also to enjoy a nice time with friends and family, They are healthy artists with talent and I’m sure you will agree with me.