1. Decide what you want your DJ name to be and analyze how original it is. Preferably, you’ll do this before using the DJ name publicly. Research whether other DJs or companies have used the same brand name, or even a brand name that is similar. If another DJ or company used a similar mark, it may have acquired the right to prevent you from using your desired DJ name. Consequently, your DJ name should be original. You can do limited research on this issue without a lawyer by searching the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”) database. While do-it-yourself searches may quickly rule out using certain DJ names, a trademark attorney can do a thorough search that will provide you with far more certainty about whether you can use your preferred DJ name without potentially getting into a trademark dispute. If your DJ name is similar to another DJ or brand, the USPTO may reject your registration application, wasting money and time.
2. If you discover that there is a potentially competing DJ name already in use, then you have two choices: You can either change your DJ name to something truly original, or if you have already invested substantial resources in establishing the DJ name, you can hire an attorney to help you figure out whether and how you can use your preferred DJ name anyway.
3. If you’re already confident that your DJ name is not similar to an existing brand name, then start using it to identify yourself in more than one state. In order to serve as a federal trademark, your DJ name must identify the source of goods or services for sale in “interstate commerce.” That means that if you’re gigging in only one state in the country, you need to get some paid gigs across state lines, and advertise those gigs under your DJ name. In the U.S., rights in trademarks are acquired by usage. This is different from how one acquires ownership in a copyright. With copyrights, creators have incentive to register their works with the U.S. Copyright Office before making the copyrighted works public. But the USPTO will not grant a registration in a trademark until that trademark has already been used in interstate commerce to identify your DJ name.
4. Keep copies of advertisements, flyers and posters for live performances as evidence of your using your DJ name “in interstate commerce.” The USPTO will ask for such evidence if you file a registration application. While a DJ can apply for registration in more than one class of services or goods (e.g., live performances, recorded music and merchandise are three separate classes), most DJs register their trademark for live performances first, since that’s arguably the most important category.
5. Once you’re using the DJ name, register multiple Internet domains associated with your artistic name. Doing so won’t secure trademark rights for your band, but locking down these domain names before applying for a USPTO registration is wise, because when you file a trademark registration application, it’s a matter of public record. Evil “cybersquatters” sometimes comb through such records and then register related domains in an attempt to extort payments out of unsuspecting trademark owners. A DJ that files a trademark registration application for its DJ name before registering related domains may soon find that the domains it wanted have been suddenly “taken” and is “available for sale” by the cybersquatter at exorbitant rates. It’s often much cheaper to secure all related Internet domains before filing a USPTO application.
6. Apply for registration of your DJ name as a trademark with the USPTO. If you have both a DJ name in words and a logo, and can’t afford to register both, then try to register the name and worry about the logo later. Trademark registration applications are more complicated than copyright registrations. Trademark applications have a higher success rate when filed by an attorney, but if you can’t afford attorneys’ fees, then it is better to try to file a trademark registration application on a DIY basis than foregoing the process altogether. You can review and start the USPTO’s online registration process (here).
Once you have filed a registration application, the USPTO will assign an “Examining Attorney” who will oversee your case. That Examining Attorney is usually available to take questions via phone calls and emails. On the other hand, if the Examining Attorney finds potential problems with your application and sends you an official “Office Action” requiring a response, then you may need to hire an attorney to help you draft and file a written response.
Golf Swing Tips That Work
Golf a game rich in tradition, grows on you the more you play. Many a wannabe golfer quits the game far too early. Imperfect swinging techniques often result in a slice or a hook. This is often demoralizing to the beginner. It is important to get the swing right from the beginning.
These tips will get you swinging right.
It is of utmost importance that you get your balance right. A small shift in position will affect your center of gravity and make the shot awry. You must work on a stance that does not alter the center of gravity during the full course of the swing.
Some experts advise practicing swinging on a foam log. Perfecting a swing on such an unstable surface will do wonders to your balance.
2. Hand and body synchronization
The key is to get the hands and body into sync. It naturally happens if the stance is right. The club should be driven from the shoulders or the chest. If you use too much hand, the shot will not be powerful and accurate.
The momentum of the swing should not cause your body to lose balance. Keep practicing until you get it right.
Choose your favorite grip. The Vardon grip is the most common. A good grip gives the shot distance and accuracy. Grip firmly and not too hard. Practice with all types of grips and perfect to the one you are most comfortable with so that it becomes almost second nature.
Align yourself to where you want to hit the ball. The feet should be spread, about shoulder width apart and the weight, balanced on the balls of your feet. The knees should be slightly flexed. Keep your spine straight and bend at the hips.
Check if you are not gripping the club too tightly, relax your body, and do not keep it rigid. A good posture will determine how long and accurately you hit the ball.
A good way to learn about the right posture is to watch live games. Don’t miss out US Open Golf 2019 live to learn from the pro.
5. The rhythm
It is important to get the flow of things right. When the balance and rhythm are right, your game will go up several notches. After getting the basics right, you must practice on improving your rhythm while swinging.
6. In the rough
The coarse structure of the grass used in the roughs can present unique challenges. Use an appropriate club, stand closer to the ball and hold the club a little more firmly. Keep your feet spread and swing in such a way that the ball is hit at a sharp angle. Avoid hacking and chopping.
7. The sand
Sand traps are tough even for a seasoned golfer. It is important to extricate yourself as quickly as possible. Use a sand wedge. Firmly plant your foot in the sand, aim at the sand behind the ball and strike. It will raise a plume of sand and send the ball sailing to where you want it to go (hopefully).
While the above tips may get you up and swinging, realize that the mental aspect of the game is extremely important. It requires intense concentration and composure to pull off a win. Yoga and meditation can be of help.
With rhythm and balance playing such an important role in the swing, you need to visualize the swing in your mind frequently. With good practice and visualization, you can build up muscle memory to aid rhythm. Now you only need to hit the green with confidence!
It’s Really Hard To Get A Record Deal… Not Anymore Thanks To VIRPP
VIRPP is an online platform that allows Producers to be heard by labels who are on the lookout for new talents. What’s more, a record deal can open the doors for you with multiple benefits. Getting signed by a label is not that easy these days. However, the hyper-competitive music market now has this system that facilitates selection processes. You just have to upload any of your unreleased tracks and let the magic begin!
➡️ Sign up now: https://beta.virpp.com
That being said, listeners and labels will rate your work publicly. Therefore, you will notice the real potential of your productions. In my opinion, this is also your chance to get discovered on a large scale. Best of all, VIRPP is already approved by respectable companies such as Musical Freedom Records, BMG Talpa Music, White Villa International, to name a few. Don’t think it twice, join VIRPP immediately.
CONNECT WITH VIRPP NOW!
BitSubmit — A Brand New Platform For Independent Musicians
Nowadays, the main goal of almost all independent musicians is to get noticed. For this purpose, I would recommend Bitsubmit, a brand new platform that will help you get the attention you need. It doesn’t matter if you want to promote a single, an album or even an EP. Your work deserves to be heard by record labels, and this marketing tool can be of great help.
The first step seems pretty easy. Just request access, connect all your networks to their system, and upload your latest production. They will automatically send your music to the top promoters and labels out there according to their premium and professional plans. The video below will explain to you better how it works. Thousands and millions of listeners are waiting for you, so give it a try today! 😉
CONNECT WITH BITSUBMIT NOW!
Tips For New DJs: How To Stand Out
Being a DJ is not for the faint of heart, and anyone who has made his or her mark on the industry will tell you that. That said, there is nothing like the rush of having a crowd under your wee little finger. Once you can do that on a consistent basis, word of mouth will set you afire. But as most successful DJs will tell you, it takes hard work, long hours, patience, and determination to arrive at that point. You have to also try and avoid the pitfalls most new DJs will make, and we can help with that. Read on for tips for new DJs on how to stand out and make your musical dreams come true.
Pick a Lane
This might sound counterintuitive, as no one wants a DJ that only plays one kind of music. However, you also want to know what scene or niche you are in and perfect that. Doing so also helps you to market yourself in order to get gigs, as no one wants the guy who says when asked what he plays, “Oh, I play a bit of everything.” You’re either Hip-Hop or you’re not. You’re either drum ‘n’ bass or you’re not. Anyone who knows anything about DJing will know that you’re not going to only play this genre but it’s better to be able to at least somewhat define yourself.
Networking is the name of any game, but none more so than in the world of music. Go see other popular DJs perform. Talk to producers. Get your name out there. The power of social media can’t be denied but when it comes to making it as a DJ, word of mouth can just as, if not more, powerful.
Consider Free Gigs … At Least for a Bit
No one likes the idea of giving services away for free, as time is money. But when it comes to music, this is how it’s often done when getting started. Musicians give music away for free so you might have to do the same as far as gigs. Make sure you ask everyone you DJ for to write a review so you can strengthen your online reputation.
As a DJ, you must have a ton of music. Be on the lookout for new stuff and everyone’s favorite old tunes. Building your collection of online music and records can take time and resources. Stay organized so that you know where everything is when that gig comes. Play around with what works and throw away with what consistently hasn’t. Make your own audio visualizer or geometric shapes that dance and move in time with the beats. Guests at your events will love this added touch. If you love it, too, you can download your presentation to sites like Vimeo and YouTube.
Find a Mentor
This could be said of any industry but, with DJs, it is even more important. Not only will you learn a ton of techniques from an experienced DJ, but he or she could even let you in on the act here and there. Online tutorials are phenomenal but nothing can get you up to speed more than hands-on experience. You’ll learn about equipment choices, how to scratch, mix, and share your creativity with your audience.
Become a Marketing Expert
As previously mentioned, word of mouth is fantastic but, as with all things, social media and marketing are musts when trying to promote yourself. Hey, if you’ve got the funds, hire a company to help you. Most people getting started likely don’t have this kind of cash flow, though. Fortunately, learning the ins and outs of social media isn’t all that difficult. As long as you keep up with the posting best practices for each social media platform, you could and should be able to get some of your stuff to go viral.
Sharing photos is great but videos are even more apropos when it comes to showing off your DJ skills. You need to present yourself as a company when it comes down to it. As DJ Nappy notes in this Complex.com article, “People don’t have to look to hard to find me. There is artwork for every full release that I’ve done. Booking me isn’t difficult. Logos have been created. I have a video Electronic Press Kit. You need all of this in order to stand out.”
Be Well Rounded
Most seasoned DJs will tell you that you can’t just spin tunes and be a success. It is far better to dabble in producing, writing music reviews, bookings, conducting interviews, cinematography, and anything else that goes hand in hand with DJing. When industry folks go to make a booking, these added skills will make you far more marketable than being “just a DJ”.
This is no time to be intimidated. If becoming a DJ has been your lifelong dream, follow these tips and go for it.
Basketball Live Scores And Schedule Of Upcoming Games
The format of the basketball championships in almost every league is the same – after the regular season, it is time for playoff games. In order to keep abreast of all the tournaments, visit the 777score.co.uk site. It provides a large selection of matches, basketball live scores and much more. Online games are updated instantly after each point scored. You can also get access to the statistics of teams and the results of face-to-face confrontations.
The most popular league is the National Basketball Association. This is where the best teams and athletes play. This season, all the favorites have successfully made it to the playoff round, while the teams that took the last positions will choose young players during the draft.
In order to quickly find out the results of your favorite league, it is worth marking it on the site, and such championships will automatically appear on the left side of the screen, in the TOP TOURNAMENTS section. You can access the service via your mobile phone. For this, you need to download a special application, and live basketball scores will be available to you on your gadget.
777score.ph – world best sports portal
These days on the Internet you can find many sports resources that provide results of matches. However not all of them are free, some of them require registration and logging into your account. You can forget about all of this with the 777score.ph service. The site is available for free, there is no need to register a new account.
The service is widely known worldwide, it is available without additional VPN programs. Users who visit the site regularly, notice its stylish design and easy navigation. Also, the advantages of the service include a large selection of sporting events, including football, basketball, tennis, and hockey matches.
The site will be useful for fans of sports betting, too. For each game, there is a small section titled “Match facts”. It offers various news and matches data that will help a better to select a betting option. Also, the service will help to make online predictions, since the live matches are updated faster here than on sites of bookmaker offices.
It’s time to personally try out all the benefits of the 777score.ph site offers and makes sure that it is the best sports portal.
- Electro4 months ago
Maximals & Boothed Release Electro-Progressive ‘Up & Down’ EP On Protocol Recordings
- Electro5 months ago
Sam Void’s Bass House “Feel The Low” Kicks Off 2019 For Protocol Recordings
- Electro3 months ago
Sebastian Park’s New Tune Is Full Of Energy & Latin Vibes
- Electro6 months ago
Michael Feiner Delivers A Latin-Influenced Sound On “Aventura”
- Electro6 months ago
Best Electro House Mix Of 2018 — Free Download
- Dance4 months ago
French Producer RavenKis Releases Smooth Progressive Downtempo Track “Roller Coaster”
- Pop3 months ago
KINGQUEEN Releases Music Video For “Running In Water” — Watch it Here!
- Reggaeton2 months ago
Watch Luigi 21 Plus & J Balvin Dancing Reggaeton At The Supermarket In New Video