Sincerely, no one should feel out of place for not drinking at clubs, whether you’re mindfully drinking because you’re driving, or you’re going to the gym tomorrow, or are looking to give up, I think you should still be able to enjoy socializing and dancing. Check out these tips right here!
- Have a plan. There’s no point white- knuckling it. Find alternative things to do. Know what you’re going to drink and how you will say you are not drinking with confidence. Meet the triggers head-on!
- Do it with others. One in five adults are looking to cut down, so you are bound to have a friend wanting to do the same. Find some role models a little further down the line than you.
- Don’t be upset if you smash through packs of Haribo at first because you’re craving the sugar you’re missing from alcohol – you can deal with that later. You need to be kind to yourself. It is harder than people think, but it will get easier the longer you do it.
- If and when you fail, the important thing is how quickly you can get back on it the next day. It will eventually stick.
- Plan treats and rewards that are not alcohol and remind yourself that if you say “yes” to a drink, what are you saying no to?