Dating when you are shy isn’t always easy. Whether you are looking for a one-night stand or a full-blown relationship, however, there are some strategies that you can use to overcome your shyness. Check out the dating tips for gay guys who are shy below.
Everyone gets nervous on a first date, no matter how sure of themselves they are. Feeling anxious is natural when you start dating. In fact, it is part of what makes dating so exciting. A great icebreaker to get some confidence try phone sex numbers. Keep reading for some advice on how to make a connection no matter how shy you are.
1. Let Your Date Know That You Are Shy
When you first meet your new date, let them know that you are shy. They probably will be able to tell anyway. If you try to hide it, it will only make you more nervous, which could make it harder for you to have fun on your date.
2. Take A Positive View Of Your Shyness
Instead of hating being shy, why not view it as a positive character trait? Shy people tend to be better listeners. On a date, that means that you will usually be more in touch with how the other person is feeling. Your shyness could even add to your charm, making your date want to get to know you further.
3. You Have A Lot Of Other Great Traits Besides Shyness
As a gay man, your personality is defined by more than just one character trait. Think about the things that make you unique or interesting. If you have trouble identifying positive character traits in yourself, try asking your friends to let you know what they like about you. Think about their positive comments and decide whether or not you agree with their assessment of your personality. By focusing on your positive traits instead of getting too hung up on being shy, you can let your date know that there is a lot more to your personality waiting to be discovered.
Another tip: Don’t just rattle off a list of all of your character traits. Instead, mention that you are shy early on. Then, allow your other traits to come to the surface throughout the rest of your date.
4. Come Up With Some Conversation Topics Before Your Date
When you are shy, trying to hold a conversation can be difficult. It is important, however, to talk during your date so that the other person has a chance to get to know you. To increase your confidence, try having a few questions or conversation topics in mind ahead of time. Think about anything interesting that you have recently done in your life or about your hobbies or interests. Talking about things that you like will naturally make you feel more at ease. When you prepare ahead of time, you are less likely to get caught off guard by awkward silences.
5. Shy Guys Are About More Than Just Words
Confident guys tend to spend a lot of their time talking, which means that they have less time for taking action. Shy guys, on the other hand, are more likely to do things instead of just talking about them.
6. View Things From Your Date’s Perspective
Imagine that your date is going great and you are interested in taking things to the next level. Putting yourself out there and making a move can be frightening. Try to view the situation from your date’s perspective. How would you feel if he took your hand? If you like the idea, he most likely does, as well. Since you already let him know that you are shy, it will have even more of an impact if you reach out and take his hand. If you do, three different things may happen:
1. He is happy that someone so shy took his hand and he gladly takes yours, as well. From here, things will usually progress to a first kiss by the end of the evening.
2. Even if he doesn’t want to hold your hand, he will most likely grasp it for a short time and then will let it go, continuing the conversation as if the whole thing never happened. If something like that occurs, he probably isn’t very into you. It is no big deal – not every date works out.
3. He was trying to decide whether or not he liked you or whether to hold your hand. Your boldness, however, impresses him, and he starts thinking about how the rest of the evening will go.
No matter the outcome, reaching for his hand will let you know where you stand and could lead to great things.