2012 is a very interesting year for the music industry, it seems that people is now more open to listen new music genres and styles. First of all I’m not Nostradamus, anyway, let’s ask the crystal ball about the future of music just for fun!
1) It’s a sure thing that Electro & Progressive House music is now more mainstream, but unfortunately people is going to get tired of it very soon. Dubstep is going to invade the Pop market, but after a year kids will get bored of it too.
2) House music will never die, sampling and a lot of hi-hat cymbals will be used by many producers this year.
3) Deep House DJs & artists will get more attention in underground & hipster clubs.
3) At the end of 2012 Daft Punk hopefully will release a new track and album.
4) Low sales during summer festivals due to the economic crisis & mainstream DJs.
5) Little Boots, Roisin Murphy & Scissor Sisters will return to the music business.
6) WTF Paris Hilton will be wrongly named by the media as “The Queen of House Music”
7) Behringer & Gemini DJ products will gain more popularity in the club market.
8) The film industry will work with renowned electronic music producers.
9) A lot of DJs will be touring Asian clubs this year. China is the next Ibiza.
10) Finally, get ready aliens will invade Earth this year, so run for your life!