The ‘Exposure’ EP is an Electro Pop masterpiece by Jules Verne Theory. The duo consisting of Richard Slee and Arron Clague have an extended career in the music world. These guys are now focused on making music.
Out now through all digital music stores, and streaming services, the ‘Exposure’ EP is something that has caught my attention, firstly because it sounds like a futuristic production and secondly because of their outstanding job with the synthesisers.
The EP includes five tracks influenced by the New Wave era.
1. Jules Verne Theory The first track reminded me of an Erasure/Depeche Mode song. Contemporary electronic music with a crisp and dynamic sound.
2. She’s A Riot A black and white videoclip for this song was released a few days ago. I love the clear and powerful vocals. The cold, machine-like and passionate style give originality to the song.
3. How I Get Things Done I detected a similarity between Gary Numan’s “Cars” and this tune. I like the synthetic string lines and the good thing here is that it doesn’t sound too dark.
4. How Hard? The pulsating sounds and electronic beats will carry you into the future. The rhythm of this song is characterized by a slow pace, and it’s still cool.
5. Everything Will Be Alright In The End I love the optimistic lyrics of the closing track. A lot of good vibrations have gone through my body since I listen to it.
In conclusion, I noticed the duo translate their emotions and feelings through electronic music. This is pure art, and we must appreciate their creative way of creating music. I’m pretty sure that at the end of listening the whole EP you will feel nostalgic about the 80s.